While searching via Google we couldn’t help but notice the countless of grievances concerning Magic Jack. Many of these tend to pay attention to call quality and missed calls. Others refer to Error 3003 in combination with the Magic Jack Plus.
This isn’t shocking. With a usual ‘landline’ phone service, the customer is responsible for upholding the telephone and its enclosed cord. If the user has an issue, he ensures the telephone set functions by testing it at another location. If it works, he passes the issue on to his telephone company.
A telephone system powered by Magic Jack presents the user with far more dutifully, As well as the Magic Jack device and handset, the system varies on the serviceability of the internet connection of user and, in the case of previous Magicjack Devices, their computer system. The task of locating the ditto error is set squarely on the shoulders of customers.
To make sure your telephone system operates dependably, it is sensible to conduct some form of routine upholding. Below is listed a routine that can facilely be performed on monthly basis. It is not tough. You are easily turning the entire system off, then restarting it.
The following refers to the previous version Magic Jack that must be linked to an USB port of the computer. If you own the Magic Jack plus which takes advantage of your wireless internet connection, ignore directions below that refer to the computer. If you face connectivity issues remember to test your ability to reach the internet by using another piece of apparatus that utilizes your wireless connection.
- If your telephone set needs power, unplug it.
- Remove the Magic Jack and lay it aside.
- If your Magic Jack was linked via a powered hub, then you need to unplug the hub from its power source.
- Log off and shut down your system.
- You need to unplug the computer from its power source.
- If you’re a router user, unplug it from its power source.
- Unplug the modem (device linking system to the internet) from its power source.
- Count gradually to ten. Then connect the modem again to its power source. Permit this device a couple of minutes to stabilize. At this point, the modem shouldn’t hold the red warning lights. Red lights are an indication of problems involving modem, the line from modem to wall socket or the internet connection.
- If your system uses a router, connect it again to its power source. Permit a 60 second for the router to stabilize.
- Plug in the computer. Power it on and fill up the credentials. Wait five minutes to permit your system to completely load.
- If you are using a powered hub in combination with the Magic Jack, reconnect the hub to its power source.
- If you are using a telephone that requires power, reconnect it to its power source. Ensure the phone set is linked to the Magic jack via a phone cord.
- Insert the Magic Jack into the system again. Permit the software time to load.
- Check the handset to make sure you have a dial tone.
- It may come as a surprise, but many errors affecting electronic equipment can be fixed facilely by momentarily removing power. By following the above process, you are averting small, overlooked bugs from becoming vital issues.